Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction
This week will see some nighttime lane closures on the northbound side of I-93 near exit 2, according to Levine. Tonight and Tuesday night, construction will require that traffic on I-93 northbound be reduced to one lane. Levine said the work will take place during non-commuter hours, from about 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
George R. Cairns and Sons of Windham is the general contractor for the $41 million portion of the I-93 widening project near exit 2.
During the summer, Levine said crews will also clean up and finish some work near Exit 5 in Londonderry.
“The continued construction projects do, at times, present inherent dangers which include smaller lanes of travel, dust, lane shifts, distractions of the construction equipment (and) a driver looking at what is being done instead of driving with due care in these construction zones,” Sgt. Paul Hunt of the New Hampshire State Police said.
Drivers should also allow extra time for their trips because of possible congestion in the work zones, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 2
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return