Home » News » Roads and Travel
Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction
This week will see some nighttime lane closures on the northbound side of I-93 near exit 2, according to Levine. Tonight and Tuesday night, construction will require that traffic on I-93 northbound be reduced to one lane. Levine said the work will take place during non-commuter hours, from about 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
George R. Cairns and Sons of Windham is the general contractor for the $41 million portion of the I-93 widening project near exit 2.
During the summer, Levine said crews will also clean up and finish some work near Exit 5 in Londonderry.
“The continued construction projects do, at times, present inherent dangers which include smaller lanes of travel, dust, lane shifts, distractions of the construction equipment (and) a driver looking at what is being done instead of driving with due care in these construction zones,” Sgt. Paul Hunt of the New Hampshire State Police said.
Drivers should also allow extra time for their trips because of possible congestion in the work zones, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: Sometimes, we have too much on our plates - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Chickens come home to roost with lucky German golfers - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: History has a way of repeating itself, and we are doing that with a second 'Memories' book - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Those who do so much good for NH often go unnoticed and unrecognized - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Marmaduke's back — and so's Seinfeld - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'