Land being cleared for dog park in Merrimack
Land clearing is taking place at Wasserman Park, which is the future home of the Merrimack Dog Park.
“The town has been very supportive of our project, but we really need to raise the money for this on our own,” said Christine Lavoie of Merrimack, a member of the dog park subcommittee.
“Progress is being made,” said Lavoie. “The logging work has begun, but was delayed slightly because of the wet ground. The logging should be finished in a few weeks.”
The Friends of the Merrimack Dog Park have submitted their proposal for an online dog park contest hosted by PetSafe, a nationwide leader and manufacturer of electronic pet training products.
Financial donations for the dog park may be sent to the Town of Merrimack, attention Finance Department/Dog Park Fund, 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack 03054.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 3
- Pat Buchanan: The high price of papal popularity - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
- Deroy Murdock: Scott Brown's good case for a Republican Senate - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 23
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 0
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 0
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen