Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Manchester roofer gets prison time for theft in 2 counties
Roger Bernier, 48, pleaded guilty to two theft charges in Rockingham County Superior Court as part of a consolidated plea deal with state prosecutors.
Bernier also took payments from three other victims in Hillsborough County.
As part of the plea agreement, Bernier paid $8,000 of his $17,500 in court-ordered restitution on Monday. Another $2,000 will be paid to the state within 45 days, according to Boffetti.
Prosecutors say Bernier — who did business as 5 Below Exteriors — promised one Salem couple he would install a new roof at their home and reseal their driveway. Bernier took a total $6,100 in payments for the two jobs, but only did about $3,400 in work on the roof and performed no work on the driveway, prosecutors said.
Indictments say Bernier also partially completed a third job between April and June 2012, when he received $5,400 in payments but completed only $2,650 worth of labor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917