Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Manchester roofer gets prison time for theft in 2 counties
Roger Bernier, 48, pleaded guilty to two theft charges in Rockingham County Superior Court as part of a consolidated plea deal with state prosecutors.
Bernier also took payments from three other victims in Hillsborough County.
As part of the plea agreement, Bernier paid $8,000 of his $17,500 in court-ordered restitution on Monday. Another $2,000 will be paid to the state within 45 days, according to Boffetti.
Prosecutors say Bernier — who did business as 5 Below Exteriors — promised one Salem couple he would install a new roof at their home and reseal their driveway. Bernier took a total $6,100 in payments for the two jobs, but only did about $3,400 in work on the roof and performed no work on the driveway, prosecutors said.
Indictments say Bernier also partially completed a third job between April and June 2012, when he received $5,400 in payments but completed only $2,650 worth of labor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
- KSC student facing charges related to riot - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483