Manchester school district shows off new logo, slogan
The logo is the work of senior Design Communication students at the Manchester School of Technology. The design was the winner of a student competition for a new logo that began in the fall.
The logo is already featured on the district’s website, mansd.org., and it also acknowledges the tuition towns, with which the district has had a rocky relationship over the past year. “Serving the communities of Manchester, Hooksett and Candia,” it says below the logo.
The contest had drawn criticism from some school board members who faulted the administration for not involving them at an early stage.
“Maybe it’s ‘I have the answer’ or ‘I’m reaching my aspirations,’” Brady Kingsbury, 18, said in the release. “The hands also could be a demonstration of participation or pride. The interpretation of ‘All Hands Up!’ is in the eye of the beholder, and that was our intention.”
Superintendent Debra Livingston said the logo imparted a message of inclusiveness and community. “The design truly embodies the Manchester School District’s mission to inspire and empower all learners,” she said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to sharing it with our schools, as well as community leaders and businesses as the symbol of what we’re about.”
The videos cover academic subjects, such as reading and writing, as well as themes around fine motor skills, social behavior and independence, according to a district press release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: Has Hillary Clinton ever been right on foreign policy? - 0
- David Harsanyi: The left's ridiculous freakout over Burger King - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 2
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 30
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
- The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission - 0
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission