Manchester school district shows off new logo, slogan
The logo is the work of senior Design Communication students at the Manchester School of Technology. The design was the winner of a student competition for a new logo that began in the fall.
The logo is already featured on the district’s website, mansd.org., and it also acknowledges the tuition towns, with which the district has had a rocky relationship over the past year. “Serving the communities of Manchester, Hooksett and Candia,” it says below the logo.
The contest had drawn criticism from some school board members who faulted the administration for not involving them at an early stage.
“Maybe it’s ‘I have the answer’ or ‘I’m reaching my aspirations,’” Brady Kingsbury, 18, said in the release. “The hands also could be a demonstration of participation or pride. The interpretation of ‘All Hands Up!’ is in the eye of the beholder, and that was our intention.”
Superintendent Debra Livingston said the logo imparted a message of inclusiveness and community. “The design truly embodies the Manchester School District’s mission to inspire and empower all learners,” she said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to sharing it with our schools, as well as community leaders and businesses as the symbol of what we’re about.”
The videos cover academic subjects, such as reading and writing, as well as themes around fine motor skills, social behavior and independence, according to a district press release.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test