Manchester school district shows off new logo, slogan
The logo is the work of senior Design Communication students at the Manchester School of Technology. The design was the winner of a student competition for a new logo that began in the fall.
The logo is already featured on the district’s website, mansd.org., and it also acknowledges the tuition towns, with which the district has had a rocky relationship over the past year. “Serving the communities of Manchester, Hooksett and Candia,” it says below the logo.
The contest had drawn criticism from some school board members who faulted the administration for not involving them at an early stage.
“Maybe it’s ‘I have the answer’ or ‘I’m reaching my aspirations,’” Brady Kingsbury, 18, said in the release. “The hands also could be a demonstration of participation or pride. The interpretation of ‘All Hands Up!’ is in the eye of the beholder, and that was our intention.”
Superintendent Debra Livingston said the logo imparted a message of inclusiveness and community. “The design truly embodies the Manchester School District’s mission to inspire and empower all learners,” she said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to sharing it with our schools, as well as community leaders and businesses as the symbol of what we’re about.”
The videos cover academic subjects, such as reading and writing, as well as themes around fine motor skills, social behavior and independence, according to a district press release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket