Manchester school district shows off new logo, slogan
The logo is the work of senior Design Communication students at the Manchester School of Technology. The design was the winner of a student competition for a new logo that began in the fall.
The logo is already featured on the district’s website, mansd.org., and it also acknowledges the tuition towns, with which the district has had a rocky relationship over the past year. “Serving the communities of Manchester, Hooksett and Candia,” it says below the logo.
The contest had drawn criticism from some school board members who faulted the administration for not involving them at an early stage.
“Maybe it’s ‘I have the answer’ or ‘I’m reaching my aspirations,’” Brady Kingsbury, 18, said in the release. “The hands also could be a demonstration of participation or pride. The interpretation of ‘All Hands Up!’ is in the eye of the beholder, and that was our intention.”
Superintendent Debra Livingston said the logo imparted a message of inclusiveness and community. “The design truly embodies the Manchester School District’s mission to inspire and empower all learners,” she said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to sharing it with our schools, as well as community leaders and businesses as the symbol of what we’re about.”
The videos cover academic subjects, such as reading and writing, as well as themes around fine motor skills, social behavior and independence, according to a district press release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lakes Region commission sees less growth in region - 0
- Cheshire commissioners to gather public opinion on county nursing home plans - 0
- Nashua group recommends new police contract - 0
- Upper Valley deer population talk on tap - 0
- Waterville Valley nearing completion of water system upgrade and first public works garage - 0
- Merrimack council decides to save much of $854k surplus - 0
- Nashua Airport divisiveness prompts request for liaison - 0
- Nashua aldermen to consider communication upgrades - 0
- Bronstein Park policy questioned by NHCLU official - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help