Timberlane considering changes to school food services
Last week, Superintendent Earl Metzler asked the Timberlane School Board to consider a contract renewal for Whitsons.
“The key here is that without (Whitsons) we’d have to hire a manager, so there would be costs associated with it,” said Metzler.
“We’ve done self operation in the past, and we were always a self-supporting program,” said Pollard Elementary School cafeteria manager Deb Waters. “We didn’t get money from the district and the program ran very smoothly without a management company.”
Metzler noted that while there have been issues, Whitsons has always been willing to work with the district whenever issues have been raised.
Even with a possible extension, School Board member Robert Collins said he wasn’t comfortable with the district changing the food services program on short notice and suggested the district renew the Whitsons contract for one year and explore the benefits of going to a self-operated system for the 2015-16 school year.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test