Lancaster roundabout OK'd for routes 2, 3 intersection
According to Ron Grandmaison, NHDOT’s project manager, the state will solicit bids for the $1.2 million construction in July 2015 with the goal of breaking ground that fall. The cost of the roundabout will be split between the federal government and the NHDOT, he said, with the former picking up 90 percent of the tab.
“I’m glad to hear that they’re going to do it,” said Enos, who noted that the intersection of routes 2 and 3 is a challenging one for motorists to navigate and that it got more so when the NHDOT introduced new signage a while back.
The roundabout has been several years in the planning and follows both an informational and public hearings on it by the NHDOT.
“This is really a safety improvement project,” Grandmaison summed up, adding that the federal government and a number of states, New York among them, are increasingly recognizing that roundabouts “seem to be fitting the bill” in terms of slowing traffic down and getting it trough an intersection without incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health