Lancaster roundabout OK'd for routes 2, 3 intersection
According to Ron Grandmaison, NHDOT’s project manager, the state will solicit bids for the $1.2 million construction in July 2015 with the goal of breaking ground that fall. The cost of the roundabout will be split between the federal government and the NHDOT, he said, with the former picking up 90 percent of the tab.
“I’m glad to hear that they’re going to do it,” said Enos, who noted that the intersection of routes 2 and 3 is a challenging one for motorists to navigate and that it got more so when the NHDOT introduced new signage a while back.
The roundabout has been several years in the planning and follows both an informational and public hearings on it by the NHDOT.
“This is really a safety improvement project,” Grandmaison summed up, adding that the federal government and a number of states, New York among them, are increasingly recognizing that roundabouts “seem to be fitting the bill” in terms of slowing traffic down and getting it trough an intersection without incident.
READER COMMENTS: 48
- Committee rejects call for additional money to help charter schools - 4
- House group rejects sending surplus to rainy day fund - 1
- Young reappointed to AG post - 0
- Hassan won't ask for vote on new members of utility project evaluation panel - 2
- Nashua asks judge to hold secretary of state in contempt over how ballot was printed - 0
- State agency budget requests top $12 billion for next two years - 2
- Lawmakers honored for environmental work - 0
- Senate president says $70 million is the number for state budget cuts - 0
- Group continues its fight to stop development at Sunapee's West Bowl - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 8
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 24
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
Trump fired up over NH mailer