Lancaster roundabout OK'd for routes 2, 3 intersection
According to Ron Grandmaison, NHDOT’s project manager, the state will solicit bids for the $1.2 million construction in July 2015 with the goal of breaking ground that fall. The cost of the roundabout will be split between the federal government and the NHDOT, he said, with the former picking up 90 percent of the tab.
“I’m glad to hear that they’re going to do it,” said Enos, who noted that the intersection of routes 2 and 3 is a challenging one for motorists to navigate and that it got more so when the NHDOT introduced new signage a while back.
The roundabout has been several years in the planning and follows both an informational and public hearings on it by the NHDOT.
“This is really a safety improvement project,” Grandmaison summed up, adding that the federal government and a number of states, New York among them, are increasingly recognizing that roundabouts “seem to be fitting the bill” in terms of slowing traffic down and getting it trough an intersection without incident.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test