Nashua mayor presents budget to aldermen
Her fiscal plan for general fund appropriations is nearly $241.2 million, with a combined annual municipal budget of $256.5 million and a city spending cap of 2.3 percent. The existing budget is $236.1 million.
The mayor anticipates that federal fund revenues for the next year will hover around $60.5 million, which includes estimated state funding for education of about $35.3 million.
The mayor, in her budget, is proposing a 2 percent budget increase for police, along with a 3 percent budget hike for schools.
The mayor noted that between 2009 and 2011, the city lost more than $16 million in local and state revenue, with additional costs of nearly $9 million during that same time frame.
The aldermanic Budget Review Committee will begin studying the mayor’s proposed budget next week. The new fiscal year begins July 1, although aldermen have until August to adopt the fiscal year 2015 budget.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'