Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact
The lone rejected proposal was Article 13, which requested $30,000 to be placed in the Revaluation Capital Reserve Fund. It failed by one vote, 284-283.
The request for the new town engineer, which Town Manager Dean Shankle says is likely to save and possibly profit the town by not outsourcing the service, while providing a valuable in-house resource, passed 309-256.
In the one contested Town Council race, incumbent Adam Jennings, who was appointed to the board last year, defeated former police commissioner Clark Karolian and Tom Keach, with 296 votes to 167 and 82, respectively.
Robert Duhaime and James Levesque retained their Town Council seats in Districts 2 and 3, respectively, and current Chairman James Sullivan kept his three-year at-large position.
Others earning elected positions include Denise Bolduc and Sharron Champagne with 470 votes each for two- and three-year spots on the Cemetery Commission, respectively; Linda Klein-Schmidt, with 476 votes as a library trustee; Roger Bergeron, with 492 votes for the Sewer Commission; Claire Lyons, with 462 votes for the trustee of the trust funds post; and Don Riley, with 492 votes for the town moderator position.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you