Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact
The lone rejected proposal was Article 13, which requested $30,000 to be placed in the Revaluation Capital Reserve Fund. It failed by one vote, 284-283.
The request for the new town engineer, which Town Manager Dean Shankle says is likely to save and possibly profit the town by not outsourcing the service, while providing a valuable in-house resource, passed 309-256.
In the one contested Town Council race, incumbent Adam Jennings, who was appointed to the board last year, defeated former police commissioner Clark Karolian and Tom Keach, with 296 votes to 167 and 82, respectively.
Robert Duhaime and James Levesque retained their Town Council seats in Districts 2 and 3, respectively, and current Chairman James Sullivan kept his three-year at-large position.
Others earning elected positions include Denise Bolduc and Sharron Champagne with 470 votes each for two- and three-year spots on the Cemetery Commission, respectively; Linda Klein-Schmidt, with 476 votes as a library trustee; Roger Bergeron, with 492 votes for the Sewer Commission; Claire Lyons, with 462 votes for the trustee of the trust funds post; and Don Riley, with 492 votes for the town moderator position.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 10
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 1
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection