Home » News » Public Safety
Deering shocked by fatal crash with fire truck
Kerry Ainsworth, 62, of Deering was killed Sunday evening when her Honda crossed into the southbound lane on Route 149 around 5:30 p.m., striking the fire truck as it returned from a three-alarm brush fire on Wolf Hill Road, according to a news release.
Police Chief James Pushee said citizens in town, as well as members of the police and fire departments, have been deeply affected.
Town Administrator Russell McAllister also said his thoughts and prayers were with those involved in the accident.
Grief counseling is available to firefighters, McAllister said.
“We want to make sure they’re feeling better physically and psychologically as well,” McAllister said “It takes a little bit of time to get over something like this.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 2
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m