Home » News » Public Safety
Deering shocked by fatal crash with fire truck
Kerry Ainsworth, 62, of Deering was killed Sunday evening when her Honda crossed into the southbound lane on Route 149 around 5:30 p.m., striking the fire truck as it returned from a three-alarm brush fire on Wolf Hill Road, according to a news release.
Police Chief James Pushee said citizens in town, as well as members of the police and fire departments, have been deeply affected.
Town Administrator Russell McAllister also said his thoughts and prayers were with those involved in the accident.
Grief counseling is available to firefighters, McAllister said.
“We want to make sure they’re feeling better physically and psychologically as well,” McAllister said “It takes a little bit of time to get over something like this.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding