Home » News » Public Safety
Deering shocked by fatal crash with fire truck
Kerry Ainsworth, 62, of Deering was killed Sunday evening when her Honda crossed into the southbound lane on Route 149 around 5:30 p.m., striking the fire truck as it returned from a three-alarm brush fire on Wolf Hill Road, according to a news release.
Police Chief James Pushee said citizens in town, as well as members of the police and fire departments, have been deeply affected.
Town Administrator Russell McAllister also said his thoughts and prayers were with those involved in the accident.
Grief counseling is available to firefighters, McAllister said.
“We want to make sure they’re feeling better physically and psychologically as well,” McAllister said “It takes a little bit of time to get over something like this.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Nabbed and then cleared by feds, NH man still intends to sell rhino trophy - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance