Home » News » Public Safety
Deering shocked by fatal crash with fire truck
Kerry Ainsworth, 62, of Deering was killed Sunday evening when her Honda crossed into the southbound lane on Route 149 around 5:30 p.m., striking the fire truck as it returned from a three-alarm brush fire on Wolf Hill Road, according to a news release.
Police Chief James Pushee said citizens in town, as well as members of the police and fire departments, have been deeply affected.
Town Administrator Russell McAllister also said his thoughts and prayers were with those involved in the accident.
Grief counseling is available to firefighters, McAllister said.
“We want to make sure they’re feeling better physically and psychologically as well,” McAllister said “It takes a little bit of time to get over something like this.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate