Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone
Voters rejected, 485-394, the zoning article that would have replaced the Open Space Residential Development plan that is already in place with an Innovative Subdivision Design plan.
The Traditional Neighborhood Overlay Zone allows for more density in the downtown district by allowing growth that matches the density already existing in the village zone.
Planning Board incumbents Audrey Cass with 553 votes and Ivy Vann with 473 votes were reelected in a race for two Planning Board seats. They beat Loretta Laurenitis who had 430 votes.
All other spending requests were also approved, including a request for $100,000 for the Fire Department Management Capital Reserve Fund, $17,500 for the Financial Management Software/Hardware Capital Reserve Fund, $15,000 for the Geographic Information System Capital Reserve Fund and $55,000 for the Equipment/Fleet Management Capital Reserve Fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 1
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 51
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help