Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises
Outside of the Town Hall, Newport Det./Sgt. Buddy Rowe and Newport DPW employee Jeremy Proper support votes for collect bargaining agreements with their unions at May Town Meeting Tuesday afternoon. (MEGHAN PIERCE /Union Leader Correspondent)
All other spending requests were approved including $175,000 to enter a lease agreement for a new highway truck. The first year’s payment would be $60,000.
• $20,153 from the Police Capital Reserve Fund to update communication antennas on the Town Hall.
• $27,750 from the Police Capital Reserve Fund to purchase mobile data terminals.
• $30,000 from the Sewer Capital Reserve Fund to purchase equipment and upgrade the sewer system.
Voters also approved creating a Communications System Capital Reserve Fund and funding it with $5,000.
Voters rejected a plan to develop permanent parking on the north end and eastern side of the town common.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Drug court gets funding for 3 more years - 0
- Nashua Senior Center members want budget woes discussed openly - 0
- Derry Town Council backs Conservation Commission in land use tax vote - 0
- Francestown Town Hall repairs nearing completion - 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 1
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem