Home » News » Politics » State Government
Legislative Roundup: House approves paycheck equity bill; governor to sign off
The House voted 186-119 to require political and advocacy groups that promote the election or defeat of candidates in state elections to publicly report their receipts and expenditures.
The bill would require all independent special interest groups to report to the Secretary of State once they spend $5,000.
Regulating drones will be back before the Senate.
After two years of legislative work, a bill that would restrict the use of commercial drones was effectively killed by the Senate last month.Wednesday, the prime sponsor of the bill, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare, succeeded in attaching his bill to Senate Bill 264.
The House voted to prohibit education institutions form kindergarten to colleges and universities from requiring or requesting their students to disclose or provide access to a personal social media account.
The Senate has passed a similar bill but it limits the prohibition to post-secondary institutions.
Employers would no longer be able to terminate a worker or refuse to hire someone because he or she is a victim of domestic violence. The House Wednesday approved Senate Bill 390 on a 190-137 vote.
Supporters said the bill would prevent a victim of domestic violence from being victimized twice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Drug court gets funding for 3 more years - 0
- Nashua Senior Center members want budget woes discussed openly - 0
- Derry Town Council backs Conservation Commission in land use tax vote - 0
- Francestown Town Hall repairs nearing completion - 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 1
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem