Home » News » Politics » State Government
Legislative Roundup: House approves paycheck equity bill; governor to sign off
The House voted 186-119 to require political and advocacy groups that promote the election or defeat of candidates in state elections to publicly report their receipts and expenditures.
The bill would require all independent special interest groups to report to the Secretary of State once they spend $5,000.
Regulating drones will be back before the Senate.
After two years of legislative work, a bill that would restrict the use of commercial drones was effectively killed by the Senate last month.Wednesday, the prime sponsor of the bill, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare, succeeded in attaching his bill to Senate Bill 264.
The House voted to prohibit education institutions form kindergarten to colleges and universities from requiring or requesting their students to disclose or provide access to a personal social media account.
The Senate has passed a similar bill but it limits the prohibition to post-secondary institutions.
Employers would no longer be able to terminate a worker or refuse to hire someone because he or she is a victim of domestic violence. The House Wednesday approved Senate Bill 390 on a 190-137 vote.
Supporters said the bill would prevent a victim of domestic violence from being victimized twice.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: 'Mirror' approach reflects important role of humans in dog training - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The media and the mob - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate