Home » News » Politics » State Government
Governor asks for spending freeze
She issued an executive order for the freeze and will ask the Joint Legislative Fiscal Committee to approve the order at its meeting next week.
The governor’s office said the decreases appear to be related to changes in the state tax code in recent years, as well as businesses applying for various tax credits and carry-forwards accrued during the recession.
“As we further analyze revenues, I will be meeting with agencies to examine additional reductions, some of which may require legislative approval,” Hassan wrote.
Like the executive order Lynch issued, Hassan allows state departments to request waivers for special circumstances.
Senate President Chuck Morse said he welcomes the governor’s executive order and her recognition the state has to restrict spending.
“The House will join the governor in her efforts by taking belt-tightening measures,” Norelli said.
The political parties also got into the fray.
Hassan said her office and department heads continue to meet with hospitals and lawmakers to discuss solutions.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee