Home » News » Politics » State Government
Governor asks for spending freeze
She issued an executive order for the freeze and will ask the Joint Legislative Fiscal Committee to approve the order at its meeting next week.
The governor’s office said the decreases appear to be related to changes in the state tax code in recent years, as well as businesses applying for various tax credits and carry-forwards accrued during the recession.
“As we further analyze revenues, I will be meeting with agencies to examine additional reductions, some of which may require legislative approval,” Hassan wrote.
Like the executive order Lynch issued, Hassan allows state departments to request waivers for special circumstances.
Senate President Chuck Morse said he welcomes the governor’s executive order and her recognition the state has to restrict spending.
“The House will join the governor in her efforts by taking belt-tightening measures,” Norelli said.
The political parties also got into the fray.
Hassan said her office and department heads continue to meet with hospitals and lawmakers to discuss solutions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads