Nashua head-shaving event will benefit cancer research
NASHUA — On Saturday, volunteers from the Greater Nashua area will be shaving their heads to help raise money for cancer research.
Wilfred’s Barber Shop, 95 W. Pearl St., is hosting the St. Baldrick’s Foundation head-shaving event from 3 to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
The goal is to raise $5,000 and awareness for life-saving childhood cancer research. So far, 10 participants have registered to shave their heads to support the foundation’s mission to conquer childhood cancers, according to a press release.
The St. Baldrick’s Foundation is a volunteer-driven and donor-centered charity dedicated to funding the most promising research initiatives to find cures, according to the release.
The volunteers have collected pledges in advance of the event.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.