Pinkerton administrator to head Manchester school
The Board of School Committee on Monday approved the hiring of John Vaccarezza for the top job at the school. Vaccarezza is currently an associate dean of students at Pinkerton Academy. He will begin the job July 1, the start of the new fiscal year.
In all, 33 people had applied for the position, with candidates being reviewed by a 12-member panel made up of students, teachers, parents and community members.
Vaccarezza will take over from John Rist, who was tapped to serve as the interim principal following the abrupt retirement of Ronald Mailhot in February.
“I have not met him, but I’ve heard very good things about him,” Ward 1 school board member Sarah Ambrogi said. “I also feel the process the superintendent outlined, the many steps taken in terms due diligence — it sounds like he was thoroughly vetted.”
“He’s had experience at a very large high school. It will not be new to him to be at a large high school and understand the issues there,” she said.
Vaccarezza has been a member of the Pinkerton Academy administration since 2010. Prior to becoming an administrator, Vaccarezza was a social studies teacher and coached freshman and junior varsity boys’ soccer for 10 years. He earned his master’s degree in education from Rivier University in Nashua and a B.A. in history from Elon University in North Carolina.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads