Inter-Lakes school to build $65,000 'Living Classroom'
“I had some students that I wasn’t reaching; so much of what we do involves a Number 2 pencil and just listening and reading,” Kelly said.
All grades of the school will have the opportunity to use the greenhouse. At 24x48 feet, it will be large enough to accommodate one class of about 20 students at a time. The greenhouse will use solar technology, including subterranean heating, and will be open year-round, school officials said.
“It’s very much a community-wide project,” Temperino said.
Kelly said the school has raised $50,000 of the needed funds. “And I would be very happy if it all comes from private funds,” he said.
“They’re already involved, they are researching it, it’s really catching on. And it’s going to be a reality,” Kelly said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads