Residents demand Wolfeboro Police Commissioner's resignation for slur
Many people wore handmade stickers bearing the word “Resign.” Others carried signs, including one saying, “Shame on You.”
He added: “Your job as I understand it is to create an environment that supports public safety. I feel less safe in this community if those remarks are part of our elected official’s opinion.”
“I’d like to ask you Mr. Copeland, what do you mean by this?”
John R. White’s comments received applause from the audience.
Copeland had some defenders.
Frank Bader said Copeland was expressing his opinion. “All this man did was express his displeasure with the man who’s in office,” Bader said.
“Why is the N-word so offensive to so many people? The N-word is used in ‘Tom Sawyer’ and ‘Huck Finn,’” Stockton said.
Commission Chairman Joe Balboni closed the hearing after about an hour and said the commission was going into nonpublic session.
“I’m going to think about what’s going on, then I’ll decide,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 48
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate