Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
New London voters pass municipal budget
Voters passed a budget of $8.02 million, down from the budget committee’s proposal of $8.3 million, after Kidder pointed out that the budget included a $282,907 payment for the new Sunapee Wastewater Project, which wasn’t needed yet.
Article 4, which included the budget committee’s recommended $1,643,513 for public safety, was amended by voters to add $8,086 for additional training for police dispatchers and to pay for an additional part-time police dispatcher, as the selectmen recommended.
In elections Tuesday, Nancy Rollins won a selectman seat vacated by Tina Helms, who chose not to seek reelection for the three-year seat. Rollins tallied 650 votes to Douglas Homan’s 452. John Grosvenor Lewis tallied 12 votes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 5
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children