As American as it gets: Firefighter rescues cat
Manchester firefighters have averaged half a dozen rescue attempts per year in dealing with cats stranded in trees. (Courtesy)
A firefighter spent a nervous 11 days waiting to learn if the reluctant feline who bit him when he pulled it out of Laurel Street tree last month had rabies.
The firefighter went to Elliot Hospital emergency room to be treated for possible infection from the bite wound.
Police quarantined the cat for 11 days to determine if it had the potentially-deadly viral disease. It did not, Corbeil said.
“He was nervous,” Corbeil added. The firefighter returned to work after being treated in the emergency room.
“If we don’t send someone, we will have a homeowner climbing a tree and they will fall out of the tree,” Corbeil said.
He cannot recall a homeowner falling out of a tree trying to rescue a pet.
Corbeil said the cost of cat rescues are “minimal” and the rescue would be aborted if an emergency call came in.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 3
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 1
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer