Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Probe continues into actions leading up to Brentwood police officer's death
Associate Attorney General Jane Young speaks during a press conference on Tuesday near the home where Brentwood police Officer Stephen Arkell was fatally shot. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
A news briefing is set for Monday at 5 p.m. at the Brentwood Fire Department. Young said further details about what happened last Monday will be provided at that time.
Asked if the fire and explosion that destroyed the Nolan home after the shooting could have been caused by a gas or propane explosion, Young said nothing has been ruled in or out. She said other homes in the neighborhood do use propane for heating and appliances.
"A lot of times when you do these investigations, you have a scene that you can re-create, and you can look at bullet holes and try to determine trajectory," she said. "That's very difficult when you have no scene left."
Investigators from the state police major crime unit and fire marshal's office have been getting assistance from other agencies, including the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the FBI, Young said, adding she even got a call from the Secret Service offering help.
Young praised "the level of cooperation between the community and law enforcement to band together to try to get some answers for this (Brentwood police) department and this family."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 1
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483