Home » News » Public Safety
Two airlifted following early morning Hooksett crash
The crash occurred at 5:22 a.m. on Hooksett Road, just north of College Park Drive.
Police said Ryan Dawson, 31, of Chichester, was airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital and 70-year-old John Wayne Beard of Little Rock, Ark. was transported by helicopter to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston after Dawson's black Saab reportedly crossed into the other lane and struck Beard's Chevy HHR.
Police are awaiting an update on the status of all three people.
Traffic was detoured onto University Circle while emergency personnel attended to the scene and police investigated the crash. The State Police technical accident reconstruction unit assisted.
Hooksett Road was reopened at 10 a.m. The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'