Fund set up to benefit slain Brentwood Officer Arkell's family
BRENTWOOD — Less than a week after Brentwood Police Officer Stephen Arkell was fatally shot, an official fundraising site has been established to benefit his widow and two daughters.
Donations can be made to www.stevearkell.com, the only official online fundraising site, according to police. The site was set up late last week.
Donations can also be made to the Mrs. Stephen Arkell Fund, c/o TD Bank, 53 Church St., Kingston NH 03848; or any TD Bank branch, according to a press release.
Arkell, 48, was fatally shot by Michael Nolan when Arkell responded to a domestic disturbance at 46 Mill Pond Road on Monday afternoon, according to police. Arkell’s death drew an outpouring of emotion and support for his family from the community in the days that followed.
Arkell graduated from Exeter High School and went on to earn a bachelor’s degree from the University of New Hampshire. He joined the Brentwood Police Department in 1999. Along with his duties as an officer, he was the town’s animal control officer and coached his two daughters in lacrosse at Exeter High school. He also worked as a carpenter and builder. He is remembered as a hardworking and devoted family man who enjoyed helping people and always put others first.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.