Reward for Abigail Hernandez upped to $60,000 in Conway
Thanks to Ruben Hernandez of Bartlett, the father of missing 15-year-old Kennett High School freshman Abigail Hernandez, the total reward being offered is now $60,000.
Abigail disappeared on Oct. 9, having been last seen by friends as she walked home from school at about 2:30 p.m.
“If I could, I would have added $30 million,” he said. “Abby has been gone way too long, and I will do whatever it takes to bring her home.”
“I agree with (Young) when she said ’sometimes money is a motivator.’ I am very grateful to Zenya and to the FBI for offering their respective rewards, and I agree with the motivation approach.”
“We’ve come to realize that along with love and courage, hope can speak louder than fear,” she said Sunday.
And the local volunteers who have been helping with the search since the first week of Abigail’s disappearance have not slowed their efforts on social media to find her. Their Facebook page, Bring Abby Home, has 9,200 followers. The average post reaches 56,000 people, and each post averages 200-500 shares, according to volunteer Amanda Smith.
Anyone with any information, please call Conway police at 356-5715, the New Hampshire State Police, or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 48
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate