Reward for Abigail Hernandez upped to $60,000 in Conway
Thanks to Ruben Hernandez of Bartlett, the father of missing 15-year-old Kennett High School freshman Abigail Hernandez, the total reward being offered is now $60,000.
Abigail disappeared on Oct. 9, having been last seen by friends as she walked home from school at about 2:30 p.m.
“If I could, I would have added $30 million,” he said. “Abby has been gone way too long, and I will do whatever it takes to bring her home.”
“I agree with (Young) when she said ’sometimes money is a motivator.’ I am very grateful to Zenya and to the FBI for offering their respective rewards, and I agree with the motivation approach.”
“We’ve come to realize that along with love and courage, hope can speak louder than fear,” she said Sunday.
And the local volunteers who have been helping with the search since the first week of Abigail’s disappearance have not slowed their efforts on social media to find her. Their Facebook page, Bring Abby Home, has 9,200 followers. The average post reaches 56,000 people, and each post averages 200-500 shares, according to volunteer Amanda Smith.
Anyone with any information, please call Conway police at 356-5715, the New Hampshire State Police, or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches