NH Institute of Art grads told world needs their visions
After receiving her diploma, graduate Colleen Vaillancourt gets a fist bump from Illustration Department Chairman Jim Burke during the New Hampshire Institute of Arts Commencement Sunday at the Palace Theatre in Manchester. (JOSH GIBNEY/UNION LEADER)
“We are living in a time of great darkness and change. The world needs your visions,” added Wheeler, who is on the faculty of Lesley College in Cambridge, Mass., and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston.
Celebratory strains of bagpipes opened commencement ceremonies, which also included a “doo-wop” performance by a student vocal group and an improvisational skit by a student troupe.
Rather than working close to the paper, Moreman said she had to master holding her hand at arm’s length so she could see the total picture and not get lost in the details. Moreman said this became a valuable lesson in her life and encouraged classmates to adopt it as they move forward in life.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'