NH Institute of Art grads told world needs their visions
After receiving her diploma, graduate Colleen Vaillancourt gets a fist bump from Illustration Department Chairman Jim Burke during the New Hampshire Institute of Arts Commencement Sunday at the Palace Theatre in Manchester. (JOSH GIBNEY/UNION LEADER)
“We are living in a time of great darkness and change. The world needs your visions,” added Wheeler, who is on the faculty of Lesley College in Cambridge, Mass., and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston.
Celebratory strains of bagpipes opened commencement ceremonies, which also included a “doo-wop” performance by a student vocal group and an improvisational skit by a student troupe.
Rather than working close to the paper, Moreman said she had to master holding her hand at arm’s length so she could see the total picture and not get lost in the details. Moreman said this became a valuable lesson in her life and encouraged classmates to adopt it as they move forward in life.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Arpy' Saunders, architect of Claremont lawsuit, dead at 72 - 2
- Nashua committee votes to OK policy that allows alcohol at school - 3
- Students honored for winning essays - 0
- Parents want answers on Ellis principal - 0
- Manchester charter school requests barriers between playground, street - 5
- Discovery of shotgun shell in locker room puts Stratham school into lockdown - 0
- Eighth-graders test underwater remote operated vehicles they built - 0
- McDonough School's 'Kids Closet' seeks to supply students with shoes, coats - 0
- Driver ed goes private, smaller in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH