NH Institute of Art grads told world needs their visions
After receiving her diploma, graduate Colleen Vaillancourt gets a fist bump from Illustration Department Chairman Jim Burke during the New Hampshire Institute of Arts Commencement Sunday at the Palace Theatre in Manchester. (JOSH GIBNEY/UNION LEADER)
“We are living in a time of great darkness and change. The world needs your visions,” added Wheeler, who is on the faculty of Lesley College in Cambridge, Mass., and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston.
Celebratory strains of bagpipes opened commencement ceremonies, which also included a “doo-wop” performance by a student vocal group and an improvisational skit by a student troupe.
Rather than working close to the paper, Moreman said she had to master holding her hand at arm’s length so she could see the total picture and not get lost in the details. Moreman said this became a valuable lesson in her life and encouraged classmates to adopt it as they move forward in life.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
- Driving range owner wants to use parking lot for airport shuttle - 0
- Uber debate comes to Portsmouth - 0
- Durham considering a law enforcement firing range - 0
- Tax exemptions on solar panels considered in Manchester - 3
- Epping proposes ordinance to restrict marijuana dispensaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose