White Mountains Community College honors Burton, 2014 graduates
WMCC awarded about 200 graduates, many in their late teens, but others considerably more mature, with associates degrees in 22 programs and certificates in 30 others.
The tent came in handy, as intermittent drizzle and occasional raindrops fell during the proceedings.
As children played outside the tent, Mike Cryans, a Grafton County commissioner and a longtime friend of the late District 1 Executive Councilor Ray Burton, addressed the attendees.
State Sen. Jeff Woodburn, D-Dalton, delivered the keynote address. A Democrat, Woodburn was deeply indebted to Burton, for whom he was an intern. A former state representative, as well as an entrepreneur, writer, teacher and child advocate, Woodburn commended the WMCC graduates for their accomplishments and told them to keep striving.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride