Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession
Exeter Animal Control Officer Neal Jones takes a donation during a fundraiser for the family of slain Brentwood Police Officer Stephen Arkell Monday afternoon in downtown Exeter. (Mark Bolton/Union Leader)
Drivers to the memorial, which starts at 11 a.m. at Exeter High School, will be allowed to reach the school on Route 27 until 9:30 a.m., the start time for the vehicle procession and march, which could draw thousands of officers from across the state and the nation.
In an event intended for law enforcement officers rather than the general public, staff at Stockbridge Funeral Home in Exeter said a walkthrough will be held at Exeter High School from 4 to 7 p.m. today.
Exeter High School announced that no classes for students will be held Wednesday; all after-school athletics and events that day are canceled.
His death has spurred a huge outpouring of support and assistance for the Arkell family from New Hampshire communities and law enforcement officers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'