Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Dover official indicted for sexual assault, criminal threatening
Michael Weeden, 31, of 365 Sixth St., was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault and criminal threatening after he allegedly pointed a firearm at her head.
According to the indictments, which the grand jury handed up May 15, Weeden allegedly threatened to “shoot her and then kill himself” during an incident that occurred between Feb. 1 and 29 of 2012.
Weeden allegedly sexually assaulted the woman between March 1 and 31 of 2012, according to the indictments.
After being elected as the Ward 6 representative on the city council in 2011, Jason Gagnon defeated Weeden 414-339 in November of 2013. Weeden also served in the N.H. House of Representatives from 2010 to 2012.
On Dec. 2, 2013, Weeden was involved in a fatal accident. His 2012 Chrysler 300 collided head-on with a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo driven by Martin J. Carignan, 87, of 22 Tates Brook Road, Somersworth - near Weeden's Sixth Street home. Carignan was pronounced dead at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass., the next day.
Police previously said Weeden was attempting to buckle his seat belt when his vehicle veered into the oncoming lane. Following an investigation, the county attorney's office determined the accident did not require criminal charges to be filed.
Weeden is to be arraigned May 29 at 9 a.m. in Strafford County Superior Court
Aggravated felonious sexual assault is a special felony and criminal threatening is a Class A felony, both of which could result in 10 to 20 years in prison and a $4,000 fine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483