Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newmarket man indicted over assault of grocery store co-worker
Samuel Woods, 20, of Ash Swamp Road in Newmarket, is facing two counts of second-degree assault for knocking down the teenage girl on March 5 and repeatedly punching her in the head, according to prosecutors.
Woods and the girl worked at the Market Basket store in Epping. Police said they were called to the grocery store to investigate a report that the girl had been punched repeatedly in the face and choked until she became unconscious.
He then took off his shoes and jumped off a second-floor platform near a stock room, police said. Woods jumped off the platform, landing by wooden dollies about 18 feet below. He later told police that “something evil came over him” prior to going after the girl, according to a police affidavit. He also said during his police interview that he did not know the girl well, and had no reason to attack her.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483