Father at center of Gilford High School book controversy gets national attention
Baer admits to both claims. A birther is slang for a person who does not believe President Barack Obama was born a U.S. citizen.
Baer was arrested at the meeting after arguing with another parent about Gilford High School’s use of the book “Nineteen Minutes” by bestselling author Jodi Picoult. Baer found a graphic sexual passage in the book, and objected because the school had not given parents proper notice that their children were assigned such books.
And several sites researched and found that Baer, when he lived in New Jersey a few years ago, was a vocal questioner of President Obama’s birth place.
Baer readily admitted that he was once active in a New Jersey political group that questioned whether Obama was really born in America. He said he’s still not sure about the President’s birthplace, but is no longer heavily invested in the cause.
And though Baer has made himself available to stand before a camera for lots of news outlets in the past two weeks, he said he doesn’t want or like being in the spotlight.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
- Nevins developer releases Londonderry from walking trail easement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket