Three NH students named Presidential Scholars
The White House Commission on Presidential Scholars and the U.S. Department of Education have named three Granite State students as 2014 U.S. Presidential Scholars.
DeLoi, 18, is a homeschool student whose passion is the arts. While her focus is music, specifically the harp, DeLoi says she has a wide range of interests.
“I really want to study how the arts impact society,” said DeLoi, who is still amazed by the honor. She was one of only 20 students nationwide to receive a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts, which mandates different criteria than a traditional Presidential Scholar award.
Facey, of Amherst, is preparing for his first semester at Brown University this fall, where he will study applied mathematics with a focus on physics.
“They represent the potential of all young citizens to lift up America,” she added.
Other work, including school evaluations, transcripts, community service and leadership were also considered. The 2014 U.S. Presidential Scholars are comprised of one young man and one young woman from each state, as well as 15 chosen at-large and 20 U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 3
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 5
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 3
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Workers pulling for ex-Market Basket CEO's buyout bid; rally planned Friday before board meeting
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket