Mourners recall Arkell's humorous side
Alison MacDonald, Kim Surette and Allison Provost gathered at the Stockbridge Funeral Home as a light rain fell. They were among the mourners who attended the service that was the last scheduled event for the fallen Brentwood officer.
Nolan, 47, perished in an explosion that followed, according to police.
MacDonald, Surette and Provost — all Massachusetts residents — hugged each other as they recalled Arkell and his sense of humor.
They all know Arkell’s wife Heather and had worked with her back in the 1990s at a Marshalls in Andover, Mass.
And, yes, Stephen Arkell proudly displayed his break dancing ability at each wedding, they said as smiles crossed their faces.
“I’m glad I started that now because people are trying to support her and we can get that information out quicker because of that group I started a while ago,” MacDonald said.
Other mourners shared their memories of Arkell and his friendly, easygoing nature.
“His smile was just contagious,” Jim Dinneen said after he returned from the funeral home to his parked car.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.