After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos
Lewis, of Durham, was the supervisory judge of Strafford County Superior Court.
“I made comments that were received not as I intended them,” Lewis said Wednesday. Lewis also served as the chairman of the state Board of Education; former Gov. Jeanne Shaheen nominated him to the Superior Court.
Bar Association spokesman Dan Wise said Lewis is expected to appear before the 23-member Board of Governors at 5:30 p.m. Wise would not discuss past decisions of the board, but he expects the board will decide whether to recognize Lewis.
The annual meeting is slated for June 20 at the Portsmouth Sheraton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
- Nevins developer releases Londonderry from walking trail easement - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
- Hiring of Manchester fire deputy contested - 1
- Derry transfer station project bidding continues - 0
- Study to design gateway into Nashua approved - 0
- Proposed elderly apartment complex clears zoning hurdle in Londonderry - 0
- Lebanon city council mulls one-way for Dulac Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507