Legal battle over former Nashua Historical Society president’s status continues with appeal, arbitration
“There is an agreement to explore a possible settlement,” Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said on Wednesday. “The Supreme Court mediation program invited us to participate, and we will see if some resolution can take place short of (presenting the case to) the five justices.”
Previously, Hillsborough County Superior Court-North Judge Diane Nicolosi denied a preliminary injunctive relief, directing the society to reinstate Romano. And, earlier this year, Nicolosi dismissed a petition seeking permanent injunctive relief on the same matter, maintaining the court is prohibited from intervening in the organization’s dispute.
In addition, Murphy questioned Nicolosi’s ruling to deny preliminary injunction because Romano suffered no irreparable harm.
Still, both sides have agreed to proceed with mediation, and if a settlement is reached, the appeal will be dropped, explained Murphy.
Meanwhile, Murphy said that Romano and the petitioners still want an explanation as to why Romano was terminated, which still has not been fully answered or addressed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Waterville Valley nearing completion of water system upgrade and first public works garage - 0
- Merrimack council decides to save much of $854k surplus - 0
- Nashua Airport divisiveness prompts request for liaison - 0
- Nashua aldermen to consider communication upgrades - 0
- Bronstein Park policy questioned by NHCLU official - 5
- Derry gets grant for new scrap metal recycling trailer - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Derry councilors narrow list for town administrator post - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate