Legal battle over former Nashua Historical Society president’s status continues with appeal, arbitration
“There is an agreement to explore a possible settlement,” Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said on Wednesday. “The Supreme Court mediation program invited us to participate, and we will see if some resolution can take place short of (presenting the case to) the five justices.”
Previously, Hillsborough County Superior Court-North Judge Diane Nicolosi denied a preliminary injunctive relief, directing the society to reinstate Romano. And, earlier this year, Nicolosi dismissed a petition seeking permanent injunctive relief on the same matter, maintaining the court is prohibited from intervening in the organization’s dispute.
In addition, Murphy questioned Nicolosi’s ruling to deny preliminary injunction because Romano suffered no irreparable harm.
Still, both sides have agreed to proceed with mediation, and if a settlement is reached, the appeal will be dropped, explained Murphy.
Meanwhile, Murphy said that Romano and the petitioners still want an explanation as to why Romano was terminated, which still has not been fully answered or addressed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten