Legal battle over former Nashua Historical Society president’s status continues with appeal, arbitration
“There is an agreement to explore a possible settlement,” Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said on Wednesday. “The Supreme Court mediation program invited us to participate, and we will see if some resolution can take place short of (presenting the case to) the five justices.”
Previously, Hillsborough County Superior Court-North Judge Diane Nicolosi denied a preliminary injunctive relief, directing the society to reinstate Romano. And, earlier this year, Nicolosi dismissed a petition seeking permanent injunctive relief on the same matter, maintaining the court is prohibited from intervening in the organization’s dispute.
In addition, Murphy questioned Nicolosi’s ruling to deny preliminary injunction because Romano suffered no irreparable harm.
Still, both sides have agreed to proceed with mediation, and if a settlement is reached, the appeal will be dropped, explained Murphy.
Meanwhile, Murphy said that Romano and the petitioners still want an explanation as to why Romano was terminated, which still has not been fully answered or addressed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 2
- Manchester school chief's contract extended, with raise linked to teachers' - 1
- New superintendent named in Lebanon - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released