Home » News » Politics » State Government
Senate Roundup: Abortion-clinic buffer zone approved
“This is really dealing with the freedom of speech issue,” Carson said, echoing arguments voiced by opponents in earlier debates.
The House version of the bill requires facilities to clearly define the buffer zone’s layout and dimensions for local officials to help with enforcement and makes the bill effective 30 days after it is signed.
Similar problems have occurred at facilities in Concord and Portsmouth.
The Senate decided to agree with the House on a bill that would require political and advocacy groups that promote the election or defeat of candidates in state elections to publicly report their receipts and expenditures.
The Senate voted 12-11 to agree with the House version of Senate Bill 120.
The House’s leading privacy advocate, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare, worked for two years to reach consensus on a bill to restrict the use of commercial drones.
Kurk’s bill would regulate the use of aerial drone photography and broadcasts by government agencies and private individuals and businesses.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 53
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
- George Will: In California, Goldwater 2.0 - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Will big business become the left's faithful lapdog? - 2
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 2
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 6
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 6
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH